Part of Erin Mills Town Centre Re-Opening with Food-Themed Celebration
If you frequently shop at Erin Mills Town Centre, the newly rejuvenated shopping centre in the city's west end, you might be happy to hear that part of the mall is re-opening to a great deal of fanfare tomorrow.
On Friday, Oct. 13 and Saturday, Oct. 14, residents can head to the mall to check out the re-opening of the Centre Court, an event that will be marked by a special two-day fundraising event.
The Fresh for Good event will feature games, promotions, and healthy snacks (what event is complete without some food?). The reopening of Centre Court will mean the shopping centre's brand new infinity fountain will be available for shoppers to visit. It will also act as a hub to collect coins that will be donated to Eden Food for Change, a not-for-profit organization that works to educate families about food and make nutrition more accessible.
Erin Mills Town Centre will host a range of fundraising activities at Fresh for Good, with all proceeds going to Eden's Fresh Produce Box Program.
"We're incredibly excited to re-open Centre Court and the infinity fountain for the Mississauga community to enjoy, and we are happy to donate all proceeds of this event and future fountain coin donations to Eden Food for Change, a great organization and partner in the community." said Francesca Bourre, marketing director, Erin Mills Town Centre, in a statement.
Those who visit the event will get the opportunity to win a Fresh Produce Box and shoppers who purchase a Fresh Produce Box (with proceeds going to Eden Food for Change) will be entered to win fresh produce for a month (which translates to pretty substantial savings on groceries).
The first 100 visitors per day to purchase a Fresh Produce Box will receive a free silicone mixing spoon and those who purchase items from the "Eden's Needs List" will receive a $10 Erin Mills Town Centre gift card. The "Eden's Needs" list will be available at Guest Services and includes items that can be purchased at the mall that will benefit members of the community in need.
Attendees will also be encouraged to toss a toonie into the fountain for a chance to win prizes. All coins will be collected and donated to Eden Food for Change.
There are also some kid-friendly activities on the horizon.
Visitors can also play the giant Fresh Frenzy video game to win prizes and enjoy complimentary snacks at the Fresh Bar and Learning Kitchen pop-up.
So if you want to potentially win some produce, the event might be more than worth checking out.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Complimentary Starbucks Food Available at Erin Mills Town Centre for Limited-Time Only
- Unique Halloween Event Taking Place at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Erin Mills Town Centre Launches Contest for Canada 150
- Holiday market coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Two Unique (and Free) Activities Are Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga