Part of 401 Closed in Mississauga After Propane Tanks Fell From Transport Truck
Part of the 401 is currently closed in Mississauga due to propane tanks falling from a transport truck.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, a whole section of empty, brand new, propane tanks fell off a trailer on the 401.
As a result, all eastbound lanes of the 401 at Mississauga Road are closed.
Heavy tows are on scene, and workers are working to secure the tanks.
It is expected that the lanes will be blocked for another hour.
Drivers have been advised to use alternate routes.
Schmidt noted that he expects that the driver will be charged with some sort of insecure load charge.
CLEARED: #Hwy401 EB at Mississauga Rd - All lanes are OPEN. ^ag— OPP GTA Traffic (@OPP_GTATraffic) July 16, 2019
Photo is courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Part of 407 Closed Following Collision at Mississauga Border
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Rollover Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- UPDATE: Cyclist succumbs to injuries after collision in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario