Parks Canada offering some camping services as of late June
Camping aficionados will soon be able to stay overnight at national parks and national historic sites before the end of June.
According to Jonathan Wilkinson, Minister of Environment and Climate Change and Minister responsible for Parks Canada, announced that select national parks will begin offering some camping services as of June 22.
Initially, only visitors with be permitted to camp at Parks Canada locations. However, new online reservations for some campgrounds will be accepted gradually during the coming weeks.
Further, the camping experience will be different than in years past--all visitors will be required to have a reservation in order to camp at a Parks Canada location.
Moreover, roofed accommodations such as yurts and oTENTiks will only become available at select locations later in the season.
“We are all doing our part to flatten the curve and limit the spread of COVID-19. As the summer arrives, our national parks and historic sites offer spaces where Canadians can enjoy the outdoors while also respecting the advice of public health experts to keep a safe physical distance from others," Wilkinson said in a news release.
"I am pleased that Parks Canada will be offering camping at a number of locations across the country and I encourage all Parks Canada visitors to make sure they plan ahead and prepare for their visit. By working together, we can help keep our families, friends, and neighbours healthy and safe," he continued.
Visitors are strongly encouraged to consult the Parks Canada website to ensure they are well-versed in the regulations in place at their desired location.
- Parks Canada suspends camping until end of May
- Canada's National Parks and Historic Sites Are Free for Mississauga Residents in 2017
- Justin Trudeau says some national parks will partially reopen in June
- Gradual reopening of national parks, historic sites to be announced
- 5 National Parks You Have to Visit for Canada 150
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Mississauga
- Police responding to large disturbance after fight breaks out in Mississauga
- Armed suspect flees after attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Officers searching for male on inflatable tube in river in Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win