PAMA offering virtual activities to keep community connected amid COVID-19 pandemic
With most people in Mississauga self-isolating at home amid the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s safe to say that many miss being able to go out to places they used to enjoy visiting.
Fans of Peel Art Gallery, Museum + Archives (PAMA) may be longing to return, but in the meantime, their social media channels and virtual family fun activities are a way for families to have fun and stay connected from the comfort of their homes.
Behind-the-scenes tours, art and artifact spotlights are just some of the ways people can still experience PAMA virtually.
Behind-the scenes tours take place on PAMA’s YouTube channel as well as on all their social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where people can connect with arts and culture from the comfort of their homes.
Additionally, virtual field trips enable people to take a journey on PAMA's first virtual exhibition Morphology, where local photographers document the creation of the Jim Tovey Lakeview Conservation area in Mississauga.
This virtual field trip is a unique opportunity to see the transformation of the Jim Tovey Lakeview Conservation Area through the eyes of local photographers.
PAMA's website also features over 50 family fun activities, colouring sheets and hands-on education lessons on the PAMA @ Home page.
Online visitors may also contribute to the #PeelTimeCapsule2020, where PAMA and Museums of Mississauga are creating a COVID-19 time capsule to document experiences and memories during the pandemic.
Peel residents and businesses are invited to submit photos, journal entries, posters and signage, home lesson plans, original new works of art and music, modified take-out menus, cross-stitching and even scans of grocery lists.
Currently, all pieces need to be submitted digitally to pamamuseum [at] peelregion [dot] ca to become part of this project. Those with physical items may keep them for submission once PAMA is able to re-open.
PAMA will be regularly posting updates on their social media channels with the #PeelTimeCapsule2020 as part of an evolving virtual exhibit with plans for future exhibits at both Museums of Mississauga and PAMA in 2021.
Check out some of the #PeelTimeCapsule2020 submissions below:
Photos courtesy of Peel Art Gallery, Museum + Archives (PAMA)
- PAMA offering online activities to keep community connected amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Here’s How PAMA is Keeping Kids and Families Entertained During COVID-19
- Experience Caribbean art and culture with this breathtaking exhibit at PAMA
- 4 Big Reasons to Bring the Family to PAMA This Holiday Season
- PAMA Just Launched a New Adults-Only Party
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Driver in custody after driving without a tire in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh