Pair of Mississauga residents arrested in connection to murder investigation
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has arrested two suspects in connection to a murder in Brampton.
At approximately 4:34 a.m. on October 5, PRP was called to a residence on Yately Street in relation to a shooting.
Upon arrival, police discovered a man, 28-year-old Mississauga-resident Tanveer Sidhu, suffering from a gunshot wound. First-aid as administered to Sidhu, but he succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
On October 8, PRP arrested two suspects—22-year-old Khalile Silveira from Mississauga and 22-year-oldAlantai Morrison, also from Mississauga.
Both Silveira and Morrison were charged with:
- Second Degree Murder
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Use Firearm in the Commission of an Offence
- Human Trafficking
- Exercise Control
Both parties attended the Ontario Court of Justice in the City of Brampton on October 9 for a bail hearing.
“This incident reinforces the narrative that our communities are suffering the consequences of violent crime committed with illegal firearms. It is the outcome of an equation which includes interim release of dangerous offenders with a history of criminal activity. At the time this homicide took place, Silveira was the subject of 3 bail recognizances. One of which placed him on house arrest. It is a dangerous trend which inhibits our (police) ability to mitigate community risk and prevent the tragic results we are seeing far too often. We need to do better to protect our communities,” Chief Nishan Duraiappah said in a news release.
The investigation is still on-going, and anyone with relevant information is urged to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at 905-453-2121, extension 3205.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or visiting their website.
- Police arrest single suspect in connection to murder in Mississauga
- Police arrest 86-year-old Mississauga man in connection to homicide
- Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with the Murder of Mississauga Man
- Police arrest two Peel gang members in unrelated homicide investigations
- Police arrest Mississauga man in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga