Owner of massive restaurant chains shutters dining rooms, halts distributions
SIR Royalty Income Fund, which has a portfolio of 60 restaurants in Canada, is suspending its distributions as it stops dine-in restaurant operations at all of its locations.
The move comes as governments ask restaurants to close dining rooms in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
SIR says to the extent possible it will offer take-out and delivery services at its Jack Astor’s and Scaddabush locations.
The fund says it will pay its previously declared distribution of 8.75 per unit for February, but will then temporarily stop making its regular payment to unitholders.
SIR’s brands include Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill, Scaddabush Italian Kitchen and Bar, and Canyon Creek.
It also includes Reds Wine Tavern, Reds Midtown Tavern, Reds Square One, and the Loose Moose.
Photo courtesy Jack Astor’s Facebook page
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- New Openings: Scaddabush Italian Kitchen & Bar
- Upscale Toronto Restaurant Opening in Square One in Mississauga
- Mandarin announces plan to close buffet and stop eat-in service
- Well-Known Mississauga Resto Named one of Canada’s Top 100 Italian Restaurants
- A Highly-Anticipated Restaurant Opens Today in Mississauga