Over 7,000 doses available on 'Pfizer Friday' in Mississauga, Brampton
How about an encore for Pfizer Friday?
Peel Public Health says that it will have just over 7,000 appointments available on Friday (July 23) for anyone aged 12 and older to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against COVID-19 at any public health clinic in Mississauga and Brampton. The increase in available appointments comes in the wake of a strong response to the public health unit’s recent decision to allow residents a choice of vaccine for second doses, with Pfizer doses only offered on Fridays.
Appointments may be booked through the provincial booking system: covid-19.ontario.ca/book-vaccine.
Friday marks 46 days until the start of the school year. That leaves just enough time for someone who has yet to have their first dose to be fully vaccinated by the first day of school on Sept. 7. There is a minimum four-week wait between first and second doses and it also takes two weeks after a second dose to achieve maximum immunity.
Friday is also the first day that a ‘Vax to School’ youth clinic will be held at the Region of Peel offices at 10 Peel Centre Dr. in Brampton. Any youth can walk in for an appointment without waiting, and any parent or caregiver who is accompanying them can do so as well.
Appointments may be booked at peelregion.ca.
- What time are walk-in appointments open on Mississauga's first 'Pfizer Friday?'
- Limited supply of Pfizer vaccine now available for Mississauga and Brampton residents
- Hamilton Public Health rescheduling 2nd dose vaccine appointments to adhere to provincial guidelines
- TODAY: More Pfizer vaccine appointments available in Mississauga
- Today youth in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton Delta hotspots can move up 2nd vaccine doses
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario