Over 700 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
Are you looking for a new employment opportunity in Mississauga?
If so, you might be happy to hear that over 700 new jobs are coming to the city.
The Ontario government recently announced that the province is partnering with information and communications technology (ICT) company SOTI to build a state-of-the-art facility in Mississauga, creating 725 new jobs and supporting 410 positions in Mississauga.
SOTI is a company focused on enterprise mobility management, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. Through their flagship platform, SOTI ONE, the company works to solve business-critical ICT mobility challenges for leading organizations worldwide.
With support from Ontario’s Jobs and Prosperity Fund, SOTI will work to accelerate the development of the SOTI ONE platform.
The province says it’s investing $31.9 million in grants and repayable loans through the Jobs and Prosperity Fund, supporting an additional investment of $138.9 million from SOTI Inc. for a total project investment value of $170.8 million. The project is scheduled for completion by July 2024.
The province says SOTI Inc. has over 17,000 enterprise customers in more than 170 countries, managing millions of devices worldwide.
“SOTI is a home-grown Ontario ICT success story, serving global customers worldwide. It is well positioned to be a key ICT anchor in Toronto-Waterloo corridor,” says Steven Del Duca, Minister of Economic Development and Growth.
“Through our Jobs and Prosperity Fund investment, we are demonstrating how strategic partnerships can help spur innovation, drive economic growth and create high-value jobs. This support will further enhance Ontario’s ICT cluster and bring spin-off benefits to economy, community and sector.”
“We appreciate the Ontario government’s support in SOTI’s rapid expansion plans, as we take our global company from start-up to scale up,” says Carl Rodrigues, president and CEO, SOTI.
“Throughout our 20-year history, SOTI has grown into a leader in the ICT sector. This investment is a significant milestone in the ongoing evolution of our company, boosting our competitive advantage, while offering innovation to our valued customers and creating high-value jobs in Mississauga.”
- Over 200 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
- Company bringing 500 new jobs to Mississauga
- Tech company setting up shop in Mississauga, creating 500 new jobs
- Mississauga company gets almost $200 mil from federal government to produce vaccines, create over 200 jobs
- Could Significantly More Jobs Be Coming to Mississauga?
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga