Outdoor Art Event Set to Take Over Celebration Square
Looking for a fun, outdoor event this weekend?
ArtWorkX will take place from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Saturday May 27th at Celebration Square as part of National Public Works Week.
The city describes the event as one that merges art, infrastructure, city-building, and environment in an interactive all-day art performance and experience.
The activities sound creative and engaging, including an art sale, a Blooming Raingarden provided by Fern Ridge Landscaping, a bird-spotting scavenger hunt, a car extraction demonstration, and a charity barbeque.
Most notably, artists will transform city infrastructure into intriguing pieces of art during an all-day art performance set to a live DJ, DJ Lucky Pete.
Environmentally-themed documentaries and videos will also be screened at the event, including The Messenger in the Noel Ryan Auditorium at Central Library at 2:45 pm, which is about the plight and importance of songbirds, and a Q&A with producer Joanne Jackson, complete with bird-friendly door prizes.
There will also be children’s activities such as a station where they can create an environmentally-themed art piece.
Participating artists include C Ghirardo, Nisreen Askar, Gaya Kairos, and Dominic Simone.
For more information, click here.
- A Long-Weekend Event is Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Huge Outdoor Event With Food Trucks and Movie Night About to Hit Mississauga
- Major Event Headed to Celebration Square This Month
- Huge Halloween Event Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Trick or Treating Event Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Ontario reports 1,859 new cases of COVID-19
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple