Oshawa man among eight charged in drug trafficking network bust
Published March 7, 2023 at 4:24 pm
An Oshawa man is among eight people arrested in an OPP bust of a drug trafficking network stretching from the GTA to Thunder Bay.
Following an investigation, the Provincial Joint Forces Guns and Gangs Enforcement Team (PGNG) raided homes, cars and storage lockers in Thunder Bay, Toronto, Oshawa and Bowmanville.
The raids and arrests involved officers from the Biker Enforcement Unit, Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit, the Organized Crime Tow Industry Project, Durham Region Police Service, Thunder Bay Police Service and the Toronto Police Service.
In total, the officers claim they have found six kilograms of cocaine, a quantity of fentanyl worth an estimated $650,000, two vehicles and about $100,000 in cash.
Police arrested the following on a variety of conspiracy, trafficking and/or possession charges;
- Nicholas McInnis, 24 of Oshawa
- Shaqeem Akbar-Downey, 28 of Toronto
- Jamie Cressman, 53 of Thunder Bay
- Shamar Cupid, age 25 of Toronto
- Michael Godelia, 28 of Toronto
- Travis Myslicki, 35 of Thunder Bay
- Ba-Luc Nguyen, 29 of Toronto
- Quoc Truong, 27 of Toronto
All arrested parties are expected to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Toronto on April 13.