Orientation Week at St Catharines university? Try weeks
Published September 7, 2021 at 4:32 pm
When is Orientation Week not a week? When it’s weeks.
Because both first year and second year students will be seeing the Brock University campus in St Catharines for the first time ever, the school has made Welcome Week even more welcoming. It’s going to run for the entire month of September.
Since twice the number of students will be taking part, a full slate of online and in-person activities from Brock Student Services and the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU) will be available.
In-person Welcome Weeks events are only open to students who are fully vaccinated, or those who are partially vaccinated or exempt but who have had a negative rapid antigen test within 72 hours of coming to campus. This can be either a Brock-provided CDL rapid antigen test or a similar antigen test available from pharmacies.
Here’s what Brock students can expect through Welcome Weeks:
- Mix of in-person and virtual events
- In-person events require advance registration through Experience BU
- All outdoor in-person events are limited to 100 people per session
- Large open-air tents are being used as an alternative to indoor event venues
- Event plans and site layouts are designed to promote physical distancing
- Masks are mandatory for all indoor and outdoor events
- Screening and check-in will take place at the entrance to all in-person events using the Student Event Pass
- In-person events open to only those who are fully or partially vaccinated, or have received a Brock-approved exemption
- Students who are exempt or partially vaccinated must have a negative rapid antigen test result within 72 hours of coming to campus for Welcome Weeks events