OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
There was a major collision on Highway 401 eastbound at Winston Churchill in Mississauga yesterday at around 2:30 p.m.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, a transport truck and an SUV were involved in the collision. The SUV clipped the transport truck when changing lanes resulting in the vehicle to flip over on its back due to the impact. The incident occurred in the far left and centre lane.
Three people, including two children, 2 and 4-years-old, were transported to the hospital. The four-year-old child is still in critical condition. The four-year-old was ejected from the SUV during the collision.
The two-year-old and the 25-year-old female driver have been released from the hospital. The female transport truck driver remained at the scene.
All lanes were blocked at Highway 401 eastbound at Winston Churchill yesterday due to the collision.
The OPP is asking anyone with relevant information or a dash cam video of the incident to call Port Credit OPP. Police are still investigating the incident and are looking into occupant restraints of the 4-year-old child.
Photo courtesy of Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
- Four-Year-Old Girl Dies Following Crash in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Eastbound Due To Collision
- VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410 in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- 27 people from Peel Region linked to COVID-19 outbreak at Vaughan window factory
- Tighter COVID-19 restrictions start Monday in 5 Ontario regions
- New COVID-19 cases in Peel drop significantly today