OPP Officer Struck by Vehicle on Hwy 403 in Mississauga
OPP and Peel Regional Police report highway ramp closures after an officer was struck by a vehicle on the 403 in Mississauga.
An OPP officer was taken to a trauma centre this morning in serious condition “as the result of a traffic stop” at Hurontario and the 403, say Peel Regional Police.
He was struck by a vehicle, confirmed Const. Bally Saini.
The suspect vehicle has fled the area. The vehicle is a charcoal grey Chrysler 300 with black rims and Quebec license plate FLK8756.
The following ramp closures are in effect: 403 westbound off ramp to Hurontario, 403 westbound on ramp from northbound Hurontario, 403 eastbound on ramp from southbound Hurontario.
Peel Police and OPP are on scene.
We’ll provide more info as it becomes available.
UPDATED: According to Peel paramedics, the officer was transported to Sunnybrook and his vitals are stable as of 10:30 a.m.
UPDATED: The officer was identified as PC Patrick Chatelain, with four years of service from Port Credit Det., said Sgt. Kerry Schmidt of the OPP at 11:50 a.m.
UPDATED: Northbound and southbound ramps are open as of around 1:40 p.m.
UPDATED: The suspect vehicle was found by PRP in the area of Trailwood Dr and Hurontario St unoccupied. The culprit is missing. As of 4 p.m.
Anyone with info on the suspect vehicle should call police immediately.
Photo courtesy of OPP
- Major Ramp Closures After Officer Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Suspect Vehicle Located, Driver Missing After Officer Injured in Crash This Morning
- Male Arrested in Connection to Officer Struck by Vehicle
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga
- Police investigating unknown remains discovered in Mississauga