Ontario youth 12 and up can book vaccine appointments starting Sunday
Youth aged 12 and older can book COVID-19 vaccine appointments across Ontario this weekend.
The province says that age band will become eligible to book shots starting Sunday at 8 a.m.
They can book through the provincial online portal, call centre and through pharmacies offering the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the only shot authorized by Health Canada for use in youth aged 12 and older.
The age group is becoming eligible a week ahead of schedule, though some regions have already started vaccinating youth at pop-ups and larger clinics.
The province says it made the schedule change at the request of public health units.
It says the regions wanted to remove barriers for families getting vaccinated.
- Anyone 18 plus in Ontario eligible to book COVID-19 vaccine appointments today
- Today Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario youth 12 to 17 can book earlier second vaccine
- Ontarians today 12+ can book a COVID-19 vaccines through the provincial system
- Mississauga residents 80 years and older can book their COVID-19 vaccine starting this week
- Youth 12 to 17 year-olds in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario eligible to move up second vaccine
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public