Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton
Mississauga and Brampton will know what will be happening on March 9 today.
Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place on three COVID-19 hot spots still under strict stay-at-home orders.
The government extended those orders for Toronto, Peel Region and North Bay two weeks ago due to high virus case numbers.
Restrictions loosened in the rest of the province last month as regions moved back to the government's colour-coded pandemic response framework.
Top doctors in Toronto and Peel have recommended that the highest level of public health restrictions take effect in their regions on Monday.
They are asking for the "lockdown" zone of the framework that allows more businesses to open with restrictions.
The province's chief medical officer says he's concerned about test positivity rates and more infectious variants in those regions, and that the reopening must be cautious.
- Ontario to provide gradual reopening update today, more info on regional restrictions
- Tighter COVID-19 restrictions start Monday in 5 Ontario regions
- Ontario set to decide on imposing new restrictions on Halton, Durham regions
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Peel top doctor suggests building relief policies into Ontario pandemic framework
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton