Ontario school cellphone ban starting this week
Starting this week, something very prominent in today’s world will be absent from classrooms across Ontario: cellphones.
A cellphone ban restricting the usage of cellphones and personal mobile devices in school will be going into effect on Monday, November 4.
The ban was announced earlier in the year by Ontario’s Minister of Education, Stephen Lecce.
“When in class, students should be focused on their studies, not their social media," Lecce said. "That's why we are restricting cell phones and other personal mobile devices in the classroom, while making sure technology is available to help students achieve success in the digital economy and modern workforce."
Exceptions to the ban will be made in situations where cellphones are required for health and medical purposes, to support special education needs, or for educational purposes.
More information can be found here.
Do you agree that Ontario needs a cellphone ban in classrooms?
- Here’s When the School Cell Phone Ban Will Come into Effect in Mississauga
- Ontario Banning Cellphones in Classrooms
- What you need to know about the cell phone ban in Mississauga schools
- Doug Ford Proposes Sweeping Changes to Education in Ontario
- Peel District School Board Confirms Education Workers' Strike Starting Monday
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga
- Mississauga father celebrating big lotto win
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga