Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 200 cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province recently announced that over 450 new cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in Ontario.
As of 4:00 pm on April 2, Ontario is reporting 3,255 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province, an increase of 462 cases in a 24-hour period.
The province says 67 people have died of the disease, while another 1,023 have made full recoveries. The province's updated website provides some interesting demographic information as well. According to the website, 1,579 men and 1,657 women have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
The province says 66,753 people have been tested for the virus and that 1,245 possible cases are under investigation.
The province says 462 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 194 being treated in intensive care units. One-hundred and forty patients are currently using ventilators.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 2), 362 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 137 cases in Brampton, 18 in Caledon and 200 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
Two Brampton men have died of the virus.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 100 cases in the region as of 10:45 am on April 3.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 100 cases reported by the Halton Region, 21 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 40 in Oakville, 29 in Burlington and 10 in Halton Hills. Thirty-nine possible cases are under investigation.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus earlier this month.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 300 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 550 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 150 cases now confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 400 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, with 20 new cases found in Mississauga
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize