Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 300 cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that over 4,000 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the province and that over 100 residents have died of it.
As of 10:30 am on April 6, Ontario is reporting 4,347 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province.
The province says 132 people have died of the disease, while another 1,624 have made full recoveries.
According to the website, 78,796 people have been tested for the virus and 329 possible cases are under investigation.
The province says 589 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 216 being treated in intensive care units. One-hundred and sixty patients are currently using ventilators.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 6), 557 people have been diagnosed in the region and eight people have died of the virus. There are currently 211 cases in Brampton, 28 in Caledon and 316 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 155 cases in the region as of 12:00 pm on April 6.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 155 cases reported by the Halton Region, 37 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 56 in Oakville, 38 in Burlington and 22 in Halton Hills. Two cases have been found in Halton residents whose addresses are not known.
The region says 43 possible cases are currently under investigation.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus in March.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 550 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 200 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 564 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, close to 700 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 150 cases now confirmed in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow