Ontario reports 966 new COVID-19 cases, 223 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 966 new cases of COVID-19 today.
The province says 11 more people have died from the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 253 cases are in Toronto, 223 in Peel Region and 99 in York Region.
The data is based on 30,767 tests completed.
There are 284 hospitalized people in intensive care and 189 on ventilators.
The province administered 22,326 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine since the last report, for a total of 727,021 doses administered across the province so far.
The Canadian Press
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Peel Region reports 164 new cases of COVID-19 today
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 1,546 new cases of COVID-19, 329 cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more