Ontario reports 966 new COVID-19 cases, 223 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 966 new cases of COVID-19 today.
The province says 11 more people have died from the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 253 cases are in Toronto, 223 in Peel Region and 99 in York Region.
The data is based on 30,767 tests completed.
There are 284 hospitalized people in intensive care and 189 on ventilators.
The province administered 22,326 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine since the last report, for a total of 727,021 doses administered across the province so far.
The Canadian Press
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Peel Region reports 164 new cases of COVID-19 today
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 1,546 new cases of COVID-19, 329 cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Two males involved in Brampton collision flee on foot, Peel police say
- Five-week-old puppy stolen during armed invasion of occupied Brampton house
- Hamilton Police investigate after man found unconscious in pool of blood on downtown street