Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 841 new cases of COVID-19 today, and nine new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 335 cases are in Toronto, 162 in Peel Region, 106 in York Region and 72 in Ottawa.
The province says it conducted 38,860 tests since the last daily report, with an additional 34,784 tests being processed.
In total, 270 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 74 in intensive care.
Ontario also reported 74 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 49 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 501 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month