Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 834 new cases of COVID-19 today, and five new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 299 cases are in Toronto, 186 in Peel Region, 121 in York Region and 76 in Ottawa.
The province says 312 people are currently in hospital with COVID-19, including 71 who are in intensive care.
Of those, 51 are on a ventilator.
It says another 773 cases are now considered resolved, and 30,010 tests have been completed since the last daily report.
The latest figures bring the total of COVID-19 cases in Ontario to 72,885, which includes 3,108 deaths, and 62,303 cases resolved.
The Canadian Press
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 538 new cases, 101 of those in Peel
- Ontario reporting 1,248 new COVID-19 cases and highest single-day deaths since June
- Province says 269 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region today
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 721 new cases of COVID-19, 170 in Peel
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 surge forcing paramedics to unload ambulances outside hospitals in Mississauga
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Peel records close to 600 new COVID-19 cases
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga