Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
Ontario is reporting 834 new cases of COVID-19 today, and five new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 299 cases are in Toronto, 186 in Peel Region, 121 in York Region and 76 in Ottawa.
The province says 312 people are currently in hospital with COVID-19, including 71 who are in intensive care.
Of those, 51 are on a ventilator.
It says another 773 cases are now considered resolved, and 30,010 tests have been completed since the last daily report.
The latest figures bring the total of COVID-19 cases in Ontario to 72,885, which includes 3,108 deaths, and 62,303 cases resolved.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reporting 1,248 new COVID-19 cases and highest single-day deaths since June
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 538 new cases, 101 of those in Peel
- Province says 269 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region today
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Ontario reports 721 new cases of COVID-19, 170 in Peel
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location