Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
Ontario is reporting 826 new cases of COVID-19 today, and nine new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 292 cases are in Toronto, 186 in Peel Region, 87 in Ottawa, and 72 in York Region.
The province says it has conducted 40,019 tests since the last daily report, with another 35,436 being processed.
In total, 276 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 78 in intensive care.
It also reported 72 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 39 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 514 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month