Ontario reports 797 new cases of COVID-19, 134 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 797 new COVID-19 cases today, marking a new daily high.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 265 cases are in Toronto, 182 in Ottawa, 134 in Peel Region and 78 in York Region.
The province says there are four new deaths reported due to the virus today.
It also reported 100 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 51 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 415 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The province says it has a backlog of 58,118 tests, and has conducted 48,488 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 206 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 47 in intensive care.
The latest figures bring the total of COVID-19 cases in Ontario to 56,742, with 2,992 deaths, and 48,308 cases resolved.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- LATEST: Halton Police have the individual who had barricaded themselves in Oakville in custody