Ontario reports 783 new cases of COVID-19, 136 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 783 new cases of COVID-19 and five new deaths related to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 239 of the new cases are in Toronto, 136 are in Peel Region, 127 are in York Region and 89 are in Ottawa.
She says there are 779 newly resolved cases.
Ontario has a total of 62,196 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 53,291 resolved cases and 3,022 deaths.
The province says it is has hired 100 new contact tracers to help track and isolate new cases of COVID-19.
And it plans to hire up to 500 more by mid-November.
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 158 new COVID-19 cases, two new deaths due to the virus
- Ontario reports 712 new cases of COVID-19, 135 new cases in Peel
- Paid sick leave coming for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario workers, says Premier Ford
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel Police chase a suspect in Brampton
- Flights from India and Pakistan suspended for 30 days to Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Mississauga man wins the jackpot lottery thought it was a hoax