Ontario reports 721 new cases of COVID-19, 170 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 721 new COVID-19 cases today and no new deaths related to the novel coronavirus.
The province says another 783 cases are now considered resolved.
The latest figures bring the provincial total to 61,413 cases, which includes 3,017 deaths and 52,512 resolved cases.
The bulk of the new cases are among those under the age of 60.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says today's new cases include 270 in Toronto, 170 in Peel Region and 79 in York Region.
She says the province has conducted more than 32,200 tests since its last daily report.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Province says 269 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region today
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 1,248 new COVID-19 cases and highest single-day deaths since June
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk
- Child dies in Brampton, cause not yet determined