Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
Ontario is reporting 491 new cases of COVID-19 and two more deaths from the illness.
It's the highest daily increase in cases reported in Ontario since early May.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 137 cases were reported in Toronto, 131 cases in Peel Region and 58 each in Ottawa and York Region.
She says 63 per cent of the day's new cases are among people under the age of 40.
In total, 112 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 28 in intensive care.
Elliott says the province conducted 42,500 tests since the last daily report.
- Ontario reports 401 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase since early June
- Ontario reporting 1,248 new COVID-19 cases and highest single-day deaths since June
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- 32-hour marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- Brampton gets new COVID vaccination site run by William Osler
- Mississauga houses fly off the market as average sale price passes $1 million