Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 3,128 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 51 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 778 new cases in Toronto, 614 in Peel Region, 213 in York Region, 172 in Durham, 151 in London-Middlesex and 151 in Hamilton.
The province says it has conducted 35,152 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 1,347 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 325 in intensive care.
The province also says 245 people are on ventilators in hospital.
Ontario has administered 7,607 doses of the vaccine since its last daily update, with 50,030 vaccines given in total.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 2,417 new cases of COVID-19 and 102 more deaths related to the virus
- Ontario reports 851 new COVID-19 cases today, and six new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Ontario reporting 1,248 new COVID-19 cases and highest single-day deaths since June
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton