Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 3,128 new cases of COVID-19 today, and 51 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 778 new cases in Toronto, 614 in Peel Region, 213 in York Region, 172 in Durham, 151 in London-Middlesex and 151 in Hamilton.
The province says it has conducted 35,152 tests since the last daily report.
In total, 1,347 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 325 in intensive care.
The province also says 245 people are on ventilators in hospital.
Ontario has administered 7,607 doses of the vaccine since its last daily update, with 50,030 vaccines given in total.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 851 new COVID-19 cases today, and six new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reporting 1,248 new COVID-19 cases and highest single-day deaths since June
- Ontario reports 2,655 new cases of COVID-19, 89 more deaths, and 13,784 vaccinations
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 3,266 new COVID-19 cases today, 523 in Peel
- Charges laid after rescuing a raccoon being held captive in Burlington
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New bus corridor and three new stations coming to Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content