Ontario reports 2,655 new cases of COVID-19, 89 more deaths, and 13,784 vaccinations
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 2,655 new cases of COVID-19 today and 89 more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 925 new cases in Toronto, 473 in Peel Region, and 226 in York Region.
She also says there are 179 new cases in Windsor-Essex County and 129 in Niagara Region.
Ontario is reporting that 13,784 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since the last daily update.
A total of 237,918 doses have been administered in the province.
More than 54,300 tests were completed since the last daily report.
Another 3,714 cases were resolved for a total of 212,897.
Since the novel coronavirus pandemic began there have been 244,932 confirmed cases in Ontario and 5,568 deaths related to the illness.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 2,417 new cases of COVID-19 and 102 more deaths related to the virus
- New cases of COVID-19 in Ontario show positive trend, Peel Region still second most affected area
- Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- UPDATE: Suspect sought in Milton restaurant robbery
- Mississauga murder victim identified, police seek witnesses
- Motorcyclist dead following late-night crash in Brampton
- Province accelerates date when residents of Mississauga and Brampton can get second COVID-19 vaccination
- Police arrest third suspect wanted in connection with mass restaurant shooting in Mississauga