Ontario reports 2,202 new COVID-19 cases, 504 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 2,202 new cases of COVID-19 today and 21 more deaths related to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 636 new cases in Toronto, 504 in Peel Region, and 218 in York Region.
Elliott also says that there were nearly 45,300 tests completed since the last daily update.
COVID-19 cases that need hospitalization rose by 90 today to 1,005.
There are currently 273 people in intensive care, and 172 on a ventilator.
Overall, there have been 160,255 cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario, 136,767 resolved, and 4,188 deaths.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow