Ontario reports 2,202 new COVID-19 cases, 504 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 2,202 new cases of COVID-19 today and 21 more deaths related to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 636 new cases in Toronto, 504 in Peel Region, and 218 in York Region.
Elliott also says that there were nearly 45,300 tests completed since the last daily update.
COVID-19 cases that need hospitalization rose by 90 today to 1,005.
There are currently 273 people in intensive care, and 172 on a ventilator.
Overall, there have been 160,255 cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario, 136,767 resolved, and 4,188 deaths.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Province says 269 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region today
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville