Ontario reports 1,575 new COVID-19 cases; 121 in Mississauga
Ontario is again reporting a daily record of COVID-19 cases, with 1,575 new infections recorded today.
The province is also reporting 18 new deaths related to the novel coronavirus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 472 new cases in Toronto, 448 in Peel Region, 155 in York Region and 91 in Ottawa.
According to Peel Public Health’s website, which features slightly different numbers, 425 new cases were recorded in the region on Nov. 11.
The website says 121 new cases were recorded in Mississauga, 289 in Brampton and 11 in Caledon. Four cases have not yet been linked to any one municipality.
The province says 917 more cases are considered resolved, and the nearly 39,600 tests have been completed since the last daily report.
In total, 431 people are hospitalized in Ontario due to COVID-19, including 98 in intensive care.
Ninety-four long-term care homes are currently experiencing an outbreak of COVID-19, with 695 active cases among residents and 435 among staff.
The latest figures bring the total of COVID-19 cases in Ontario to 89,784, with 3,293 deaths, and 75,228 cases resolved.
Meanwhile, Ontario is set to release new COVID-19 projections today.
Dr. Adalsteinn Brown and other top provincial health officials are expected to provide new modelling this afternoon.
The new projections for how the virus might spread in Ontario come as the province has reported daily case increases above 1,000 for the past week.
The province reported 1,426 more COVID-19 cases on Wednesday. According to provincial data, the seven-day average for daily case increases is now 1,217.
Some hot spots such as Toronto and Peel Region have introduced local COVID restrictions in addition to provincial government measures.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Province says 269 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region today
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- New cases of COVID-19 in Ontario show positive trend, Peel Region still second most affected area
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 538 new cases, 101 of those in Peel
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Police arrest man who shot up and robbed a Milton Pizza Nova location