Ontario reports 1,546 new cases of COVID-19, 329 cases in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 1,546 new cases of COVID-19 today and nine more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 465 new cases in Toronto, 329 in Peel Region, and 161 in York Region.
Today's data is based on nearly 32,600 tests completed.
Ontario reports 868 people are hospitalized with the virus, an increase of 55 from Monday.
The province says that 1,271 cases were resolved since the last daily update.
Another 50,659 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since Monday's report.
A total of 1,603,699 vaccine doses have been given in the province.
The Canadian Press
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 3,128 new COVID-19 cases today, and 51 new deaths from the virus
- Ontario reports 994 new cases of COVID-19, 171 in Peel
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton