Ontario reports 1,487 new COVID-19 cases, 392 in Peel
On Nov. 16, the province announced that Ontario recorded 1,487 new cases of COVID-19.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 508 new cases in Toronto, 392 in Peel and 170 in York Region.
Nearly 33,400 tests were completed.
According to the province, 10 more people have died of the virus. There are currently 500 people in hospital with the disease, with 125 patients being treated in ICUs and 70 patients using ventilators.
There are 992 more resolved cases.
According to Peel Public Health's website, which offers slightly different numbers, 276 new cases were reported on Nov. 15. The website says there are 174 new cases in Brampton, five in Caledon and 92 in Mississauga.
Five cases have not been traced back to any one municipality.
- Ontario reports over 500 COVID-19 cases in the province, with 6 new cases confirmed in Peel
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- 135 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, seven new cases found in Mississauga
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,669 total cases found in Mississauga
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - December 1, 2020
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend