Ontario reports 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, 395 in Peel
Ontario is reporting a record high of 1,388 new COVID-19 cases today, and 15 new deaths due to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says 520 cases are in Toronto, 395 in Peel Region, and 100 in York Region.
Elliott says there are also 72 new cases in Halton Region and 50 in Niagara Region.
The province says it has conducted 29,125 tests since the last daily report.
It also reported 159 new COVID-19 cases related to schools, including at least 103 among students.
Those bring the number of schools with a reported case to 601 out of Ontario's 4,828 publicly funded schools.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 826 new COVID-19 cases today, 186 in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga