Ontario reports 135 new COVID-19 cases in Peel
On Oct. 13, Health Minister Christine Elliott announced that Ontario is reporting 746 new cases of COVID-19, with 807 new cases reported on Monday, Oct. 12.
Elliott said that over 67,700 tests were completed.
According to the province, Toronto, Peel and Ottawa reported most new cases, with 311 new infections reported in Toronto, 135 in Peel and 116 in Ottawa.
Nine new deaths were reported on Oct. 13.
The province says 230 people are currently hospitalized, with 60 people being treated in ICUs and 34 patients using ventilators.
According to the province’s COVID-19 website, there are currently 937 active cases in Peel.
In Halton, 191 cases are active. In Hamilton, there are 164 active infections.
The website says 72 new school-related infections were reported on Oct. 13. As far as school-related infections go, the website says 436 schools in Ontario have at least one reported case of COVID-19. Three schools are currently closed as a result.
- Ontario officials report 425 new COVID-19 cases, 31 new cases reported in Mississauga
- Ontario reports nearly 6,000 new COVID-19 cases over two-day span, 533 new cases reported in Peel
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Peel reports almost 200 more cases than Toronto
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga