Ontario reports 135 new COVID-19 cases in Peel
On Oct. 13, Health Minister Christine Elliott announced that Ontario is reporting 746 new cases of COVID-19, with 807 new cases reported on Monday, Oct. 12.
Elliott said that over 67,700 tests were completed.
According to the province, Toronto, Peel and Ottawa reported most new cases, with 311 new infections reported in Toronto, 135 in Peel and 116 in Ottawa.
Nine new deaths were reported on Oct. 13.
The province says 230 people are currently hospitalized, with 60 people being treated in ICUs and 34 patients using ventilators.
According to the province’s COVID-19 website, there are currently 937 active cases in Peel.
In Halton, 191 cases are active. In Hamilton, there are 164 active infections.
The website says 72 new school-related infections were reported on Oct. 13. As far as school-related infections go, the website says 436 schools in Ontario have at least one reported case of COVID-19. Three schools are currently closed as a result.
- Ontario officials report 425 new COVID-19 cases, 31 new cases reported in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 821 new COVID-19 cases, 136 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday