Ontario reports 1,316 new cases of COVID-19, 244 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 1,316 new cases of COVID-19 and 16 more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 428 new cases in Toronto, 244 in Peel Region, and 149 in York Region.
The province says that 1,212 more cases were resolved since Tuesday's report.
More than 54,100 tests were completed since the last daily update.
Ontario reports that 35,264 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine have been administered since Tuesday's update.
A total of 978,797 doses of vaccine have been given in the province so far.
There have been 312,428 confirmed cases of COVID-19 since the pandemic began, 294,018 of which have been resolved and 7,099 that have led to death.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 994 new cases of COVID-19, 171 in Peel
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 1,185 new cases of COVID-19, 235 in Peel
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more