Ontario reports 1,185 new cases of COVID-19, 235 in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 1,185 new cases of COVID-19 and six more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 343 new cases in Toronto, 235 in Peel Region, and 105 in York Region.
The province says that 972 cases were resolved since Monday's report.
Today's data is based on 33,300 tests completed since the last update.
Ontario says 31,047 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since Monday's report.
A total of 943,533 doses of vaccine have been administered in the province so far.
There have been 311,112 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario since the pandemic began, 292,806 of which have been resolved and 7,083 that have led to death.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 994 new cases of COVID-19, 171 in Peel
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton