Ontario reports 1,058 new cases of COVID-19, 215 new cases in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 1,058 new cases of COVID-19 and 11 more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 325 new cases in Toronto, 215 in Peel Region, and 87 in York Region.
The province says 1,083 cases were resolved since the last daily report.
Another 12,922 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered since Sunday's update.
A total of 569,455 vaccine doses have been administered in Ontario so far.
Today's data is based on nearly 31,200 completed tests.
There have been 294,144 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario since the pandemic began, 276,937 of which have been resolved and 6,872 that have led to death.
Meanwhile, one of Ontario's long-standing COVID-19 hot spots returned to the province's colour-coded system of pandemic restrictions on Monday, while a stay-at-home order remained in effect for three others.
Businesses in York Region were allowed to reopen as the public health unit returned to the second-most restrictive red level of public health precautions.
Non-essential retailers and restaurants could welcome customers back, with capacity limits and physical distancing in place.
York has long logged some of Ontario's highest COVID-19 case counts, but the region's chief medical officer of health requested that the province move it back to the tiered framework to bring it in line with most of Ontario's other public health units.
The stay-at-home order remains in effect only for Toronto, Peel and North Bay-Parry Sound until at least March 8.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- New cases of COVID-19 in Ontario show positive trend, Peel Region still second most affected area
- Ontario reports 1,072 new cases of COVID-19, less than 200 in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,138 new cases of COVID-19, 204 in Peel
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Mississauga man arrested for drug trafficking
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot