Ontario reports 1,054 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
TORONTO -- Ontario is reporting 1,054 new cases of COVID-19 today and nine more deaths linked to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 363 new cases in Toronto, 186 in Peel Region and 94 in York Region.
Ontario says that 1,291 cases were resolved since the last daily update.
Today's report is based on nearly 54,900 tests completed.
Another 17,141 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were given in Ontario since Tuesday's daily update.
A total of 602,848 vaccine doses have been administered.
There have been 296,173 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in Ontario since the pandemic began, of those 279,230 have been resolved and 6,893 have resulted in death.
The Canadian Press
- Ontario reports 990 new COVID-19 cases, six new virus-related deaths
- Ontario reports 1,022 new cases of COVID-19, 250 in Peel Region
- Ontario reports 994 new cases of COVID-19, 171 in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,316 new cases of COVID-19, 244 in Peel
- New cases of COVID-19 in Ontario show positive trend, Peel Region still second most affected area
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- Residential fire in Brampton closes down roadway Tuesday night