Ontario Government To Invest In Better GO Train Service For Mississauga
The Ontario government is investing in GO Train service in Mississauga.
Starting September 3, 2019, the Ontario government is adding 50 new GO train trips and extending 15 existing GO train trips each week on the Kitchener line (which serves Malton), focusing on midday, rush-hour and evening train service.
“The introduction of hourly two-way evening weekday service… is a major step forward in our GO Rail Expansion program that will transform GO into a comprehensive two-way, all-day rapid transit system on core segments of the network,” said Minister of Transportation Caroline Mulroney.
A new train will leave Union Station at 9:53 p.m. serving all stops to Kitchener GO, arriving at 11:47 p.m. A new 8:57 p.m. train will leave Kitchener GO, serving all stops to Union Station. Lastly, a new 10:53 p.m. train will leave Union Station and make all stops to Guelph Central GO, arriving at 12:22 a.m.
“All of these new and improved trips are giving people more reasons to choose transit first, which is what our GO Rail Expansion program is all about,” said Phil Verster, president and CEO of Metrolinx. “New evening service means that you can stay late after work to catch a game or a show and know that you have a comfortable, stress-free ride home.”
The existing 6:00 p.m. trip on the Kitchener line from Union Station will now run express to Bramalea GO before continuing to Kitchener GO. Customers who currently take this train to go to Bloor, Weston, Etobicoke North and Malton GO stations can take a new 5:45 p.m. trip from Union Station that makes all stops to Bramalea GO.
Metrolinx is also extending three existing train trips to serve Kitchener GO: the 12:53 p.m. train from Union Station will now serve all stops to Kitchener GO; the 9 a.m. train from Mount Pleasant GO will now start in Kitchener at 7:57 a.m.; and the 3:52 p.m. train from Mount Pleasant GO will now leave at 4 p.m. and start in Kitchener at 2:57 p.m.
What do you think of these changes to GO Train service in Mississauga?
- Ontario Ramps Up GO Train Service Across GTA
- Ontario Government Makes Some Changes to GO Train Service in Mississauga
- Big Changes Coming to GO Train Service in Ontario
- GO Transit Now Offering New Train Service to Niagara Falls
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26