Ontario Announces Additional Funding For Festivals in Mississauga
If you enjoy festivals in Mississauga, you’re in for some good news!
Recently, Lisa MacLeod, the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, announced plans for extended support for festivals and events with over $2 million in funding to support jobs and boost local tourism across Ontario.
“Every dollar invested through Celebrate Ontario results in almost $21 of visitor spending,” said MacLeod. “This year’s program received a strong response, and we’re ensuring each budgeted dollar supports as many community festivals and events as possible.”
The government is making investments for 2019-20 in the following regions across the province:
- West: $545,162
- North: $80,103
- East: $757,403
- Central: $716,282
This is the second round of investments for festivals and events through Celebrate Ontario 2019.
The government says that: “support from Celebrate Ontario helps festival and event organizers enhance programming, activities and services so that festivals and events can offer new experiences, reach new audiences and support local jobs.”
Tourism is a significant part of the province’s economy, creating over 390,000 jobs and generating over $34 billion of economic activity. In total, Ontario is investing $17 million in the Celebrate Ontario 2019 program, which will support more than 270 festivals and events.
- Ford Government Funding Local Festivals And Events After Announcing Municipality Tourism Cuts
- A Number of Mississauga Festivals Are Receiving Provincial Support
- Ontario Announces Funding For More Cultural Events in Mississauga
- Ontario provides funding for Carassauga and other cultural tourism events in Mississauga
- Mississauga Festivals and Events Make Coveted Top 100 List