Ontarians Are Boycotting a Winery Endorsed by Doug Ford
An Ontario winery that Doug Ford endorsed is facing some backlash due to its president’s donations.
Ford recently endorsed Pelee Island Winery in a video he posted to Twitter:
However, public reports revealed that weeks before the post, the president of the winery, Walter Schmoranz, donated a collective $2,000 to the Ontario’s Progressive Conservative Party this year.
According to Election Ontario Schmoranz donated $1,000 on July 12, and $1,000 on February 26.
Many residents have taken to Twitter with #BoycottPeleeWinery, voicing their anger with both the winery and Ford.
I'm one of your actual customers, been drinking your merlot and cabernet sauvignon for years. That stops now, since it's been tainted by Doug Ford stench and corruption. #BoycottPeleeWinery— dawn9902 (@dawn9902) July 30, 2019
Some, however, still showed their support for the winery and Ford.
Ford’s press secretary claims he was unaware of the donations during the creation of the video, and he often promotes small businesses.
What are your thoughts on this situation?
Cover photo courtesy of Doug Ford’s Twitter
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga