Ontarians Are Boycotting a Winery Endorsed by Doug Ford
An Ontario winery that Doug Ford endorsed is facing some backlash due to its president’s donations.
Ford recently endorsed Pelee Island Winery in a video he posted to Twitter:
However, public reports revealed that weeks before the post, the president of the winery, Walter Schmoranz, donated a collective $2,000 to the Ontario’s Progressive Conservative Party this year.
According to Election Ontario Schmoranz donated $1,000 on July 12, and $1,000 on February 26.
Many residents have taken to Twitter with #BoycottPeleeWinery, voicing their anger with both the winery and Ford.
I'm one of your actual customers, been drinking your merlot and cabernet sauvignon for years. That stops now, since it's been tainted by Doug Ford stench and corruption. #BoycottPeleeWinery— dawn9902 (@dawn9902) July 30, 2019
Some, however, still showed their support for the winery and Ford.
Ford’s press secretary claims he was unaware of the donations during the creation of the video, and he often promotes small businesses.
What are your thoughts on this situation?
Cover photo courtesy of Doug Ford’s Twitter
- House of the Week: $1.5 Mil Home With Stunning All-White Bathrooms
- Changes Coming to Recycling in Mississauga
- Woman and 13 Year Old Boy Killed in Stabbing
- Unique Event Coming to Beloved Boutique Hotel in Mississauga
- International Pop Stars Coming to Two-Day Festival at Celebration Square in Mississauga