One Person Sent to Hospital After Three-Car Crash on 403 in Mississauga
One person ended up in hospital after a three-vehicle collision on the 403 in Mississauga.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, the afternoon collision prompted the closure of every lane except for the far-left HOV lane.
The collision occurred on the westbound side of the highway, west of Mavis.
The incident involved two vehicles and a transport truck. The crash left debris on the highway, and also prompted a diesel fuel leak.
“I can smell the diesel all through the air here,” Schmidt said in a video taken at the scene.
While one person was transported to hospital, Schmidt said the injuries sustained in the collision did not appear to be serious.
Drivers were advised to avoid the area during the significant clean up.
Here’s a video of the aftermath, courtesy of the OPP, below.
Photo courtesy of the OPP official Twitter account
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410 in Mississauga
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- PHOTOS: 23,000 Litres of Diesel Fuel Spilled on Highway in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot