One Person Sent to Hospital After Three-Car Crash on 403 in Mississauga
One person ended up in hospital after a three-vehicle collision on the 403 in Mississauga.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, the afternoon collision prompted the closure of every lane except for the far-left HOV lane.
The collision occurred on the westbound side of the highway, west of Mavis.
The incident involved two vehicles and a transport truck. The crash left debris on the highway, and also prompted a diesel fuel leak.
“I can smell the diesel all through the air here,” Schmidt said in a video taken at the scene.
While one person was transported to hospital, Schmidt said the injuries sustained in the collision did not appear to be serious.
Drivers were advised to avoid the area during the significant clean up.
Here’s a video of the aftermath, courtesy of the OPP, below.
Photo courtesy of the OPP official Twitter account
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Police Report Possible Drowning in Mississauga
- A Flood Watch is Officially In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated American Store Will Be Opening Its First Mississauga Location
- Here is the Weather You Can Expect for Mississauga This Week
- VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Dead After Collision on Highway 403
- Collisions and Diesel Spill Causing Highway Delays in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Officer Seriously Injured After Collision in Mississauga
- Serious Collision Prompts Highway Closure in Mississauga