One person injured in shooting this evening in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for an investigation this evening.
Police were called at 9:36 p.m. for reports of multiple shots fired at Mavis and Huntington Ridge Drive near Eglinton.
One male was found suffering from a gunshot wound, police say. He is being transported to a trauma centre.
The suspect (or suspects) is believed to have fled the area in a vehicle.
There’s a heavy police presence at the scene as the investigation continues.
Residents are asked to avoid the area until further notice.
- Male suffering from gunshot wounds following shooting in Brampton
- UPDATED: Investigation Prompts High Police Presence in Residential Area
- Officers on scene for possible shots fired in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Shooting Investigation in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Shots Fired in Mississauga
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Stay at home order extended 2 weeks and police have new powers in Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton face curfews, travel ban as Ford plans next COVID move
- Crews responding to house explosion and fire in Hamilton