One person injured after two planes collide and one crashes into river
Ottawa Fire Services say a man suffered minor injuries after two small planes collided, causing one of the planes to crash into a river on Sunday
Fire officials say the other plane was able to safely land at a nearby airport in Arnprior, Ont.
They say first responders rushed to the scene of the downed plane and found it upside down in a river.
Officials say the pilot of that plane was found on shore with minor injuries.
They say he's being treated by Ottawa paramedics.
The service says firefighters also rushed to the airport where the second plane landed in case the damage caused a crash, but say the plane landed without incident.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 14, 2020.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Two Planes Clip Wings at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Possible Plane Fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Electrical Fire on Plane at Pearson Airport
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Plane's landing gear malfunctions at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- UPDATE: The child hit by a vehicle in Mississauga has succumbed to her injuries
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Mississauga