One person injured after two planes collide and one crashes into river
Ottawa Fire Services say a man suffered minor injuries after two small planes collided, causing one of the planes to crash into a river on Sunday
Fire officials say the other plane was able to safely land at a nearby airport in Arnprior, Ont.
They say first responders rushed to the scene of the downed plane and found it upside down in a river.
Officials say the pilot of that plane was found on shore with minor injuries.
They say he's being treated by Ottawa paramedics.
The service says firefighters also rushed to the airport where the second plane landed in case the damage caused a crash, but say the plane landed without incident.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 14, 2020.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Two Planes Clip Wings at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Possible Plane Fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Electrical Fire on Plane at Pearson Airport
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Plane's landing gear malfunctions at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Nine Mississauga condos in three different neighbourhoods are growing in value
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month