One Person Dead in Townhouse Fire in Mississauga
One man has died in a blaze that started in a Mississauga townhouse on the morning of Sept. 6.
Shortly after 11:30 a.m., Peel police reported that officers and emergency crews were responding to a fire at a residence on Copenhagen Dr. (near Derry Rd).
Peel police Const. Rachel Gibbs told inSauga.com that a male was found without vital signs inside the house.
Police have confirmed that he is deceased.
Copenhagen is blocked in the area.
Reports indicate that the three-alarm fire is still active.
Residents should avoid the area.
Photos courtesy of Pascal Marchand - The 4K Guy
Editor’s Note: A previous version of the article misnamed Derry Rd. as Dixie Rd. We regret the error.
- Emergency Crews on Scene at Townhouse Fire in Mississauga
- Emergency Crews Responding to Active House Fire in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area Due to Fire in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area Due to Ongoing House Fire in Mississauga
- Fire crews on scene for fire at Mississauga residence
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga