One Ontario case of coronavirus resolved: chief medical officer
Ontario’s chief medical officer of health says the province has resolved a case of the novel coronavirus for the first time.
Dr. David Williams said the patient tested negative for the virus two times in 24 hours and is no longer considered infectious.
The patient was in London, Ont., and had been the province’s third and latest confirmed case of coronavirus.
Two other people with the virus are doing well enough to be out of hospital.
Williams said the risk for Ontarians contracting the coronavirus remains low.
Several hundred Canadians are still under quarantine in Trenton, Ont., after returning from the central Chinese city where the virus originated, and more than 200 are quarantined on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan.
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver injured after crashing into tanker truck in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Third case of novel coronavirus confirmed in Ontario
- Ontario confirms second case of Wuhan coronavirus
- Low number of novel coronavirus cases ‘reassuring,’ Ontario health official says
- Japan confirms 12 Canadians on cruise ship infected with coronavirus
- Japan confirms 12 Canadians on cruise ship infected with novel coronavirus