ONE on ONE VIDEO: Newly Crowned Miss Universe Canada, Marta Stepien
A talented and brilliant model and academic who just sat down with insauga.com has been declared Miss Universe Canada 2018.
Marta Stepien, who was born in Warsaw, Poland and grew up in Windsor, Ont., was given the coveted title on Saturday, Aug 18. She will now go on to represent Canada at the Miss Universe Pageant in Thailand in 2018.
Stepien, who recently appeared on Live with Khaled I, is currently studying biomedical engineering technology at St. Clair College and working as both an applied researcher and a model. Passionate about academics, Stepien is also completing a certificate through the HMX Fundamentals program at Harvard Medical School in genetics and immunology. According to the Miss Universe Canada website, Stepien is passionate about her studies and hopes to inspire young women to get involved in STEM fields and “shatter glass ceilings and break barriers.”
Stepien has been working as a model since the age of 14. She’s worked in cities throughout Europe and North America and represented such big name brands as Charlotte Tilbury, Lululemon, Schwartzkopf, Beach Bunny, Naeem Khan and Selfridges.
Here’s what Stepien had to say about her life, her career and Miss Universe Canada:
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Ontario rejects efforts on paid sick leave, says expanding police power was mistake