One of the most popular Starbucks locations in Mississauga closes down permanently
Those who love gourmet coffee might be sad to hear that the Starbucks at Square One shopping centre has permanently closed its doors.
Today (Feb 1) signs indicated a permanent closure has taken place at the iconic cafe in the food court.
While it’s not clear if the permanent closure is related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Starbucks has announced plans to close dozens of locations in Canada.
Earlier last year, the Seattle-based chain said it is restructuring its company-operated business in Canada under a two-year plan. The brand is planning to close up to 200 coffee shops across Canada as it responds to changes in consumer habits in the COVID-19 pandemic.
The other two locations in the mall are still open for business so you can still visit those spots for your coffee needs.
- Two more major Starbucks locations close down in Mississauga
- Starbucks plans to close up to 200 Canadian locations over two years
- Starbucks location permanently closing in Mississauga
- Starbucks says closure of up to 300 stores in Canada to be completed by end of March
- Iconic downtown Brampton Starbucks will close this weekend
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial