One of the Most Anticipated Restaurants Officially Opens in Mississauga
Although Mississauga has a substantial waterfront (and one that's slated to undergo incredible redevelopment, no less), its waterside food scene has always been dominated by the popular (some might argue iconic) Snug Harbour.
That will change today.
The owners of the incredibly successful Toronto gem Cafe Diplomatico—located right in the heart of the bustling Little Italy neighbourhood—just opened Posta Italbar, a restaurant that Mississauga residents have been waiting over two years for.
Posta, the brand new Italian restaurant, has set up shop in the old post office location at Stavebank and Lakeshore Road. As for why owners Rocco Mastrangelo Jr., Marco Mastrangelo and prolific nightclub owner Moses Sabatino zeroed in on the growing Port Credit area, Rocco Mastrangelo told inSauga.com said the location was a natural choice.
"My brother, who is one of the partners, lives out there and he has a boat at the marina," he says. "It's in the right spot, it's right on the boardwalk. Having owned Diplomatico for over 20 years, we know that location, location, location is the key."
Although the restaurant will likely be known for its fresh, house-made pasta, it might also attract diners eager to try out a new waterfront patio. The restaurant can seat up to 400 diners and occupies up to 9,300 square feet of space—which includes a vast lakeside patio with its very own bar.
As far as dining goes, patrons can expect to experience dine-in service, takeout options, express counter service, appetizer bars and wine bars. As far as food goes, there will be salumi and formaggi, pizza, gelato and more.
Even better news? The restaurant will serve brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Posta will also make its very own Italian gelato and serve a greater variety of wines by the glass. It will also offer a private dining room for special functions and events.
- Brand New Waterfront Restaurant Set to Open in Mississauga
- Unique Toronto Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants for 2018 in Mississauga
- inRumours: Café Diplomatico May Be Coming to Mississauga
- Well-Known Mexican Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic: May 22