One of the Biggest Japanese Stores is Now Open in Square One in Mississauga
It’s Nov. 2 and it’s time to get started on your holiday shopping.
And fortunately for you, a major store is officially open just in time for Christmas.
Uniqlo, the Japanese retail giant, is now open in Square One in Mississauga.
SQUARE ONE (@shopSQUAREONE) November 2, 2018
For those who like a little retail history, the first Uniqlo store opened in Japan in 1984. The brand has since expanded into global markets with more than 2,000 stores across the globe.
The casual apparel line has amassed a cult-like following, mostly due to its innovative clothing and accessory designs such as the HeatTech line that’s made with a fabric that turns moisture into heat (perfect for Canada’s cold winter climate!).
The Square One store, which opened today (Nov. 2) measures approximately 15,000 sq. ft. and is located on one floor.
Uniqlo has been open for some time at Toronto’s Eaton Centre and Yorkdale, and the brand recently opened a new location in Vaughan Mills.
It’s steadily expanding throughout Canada.
Artist’s rendering of UNIQLO Square One Shopping Centre (CNW Group/UNIQLO Canada)
“Encouraged by the warm welcome we have had to date, we are thrilled to be opening three new stores in the Greater Toronto Area and a fourth new store in Greater Vancouver” said Yasuhiro Hayashi, Chief Operating Officer of UNIQLO Canada. “We’re excited these four new stores will allow more people to discover LifeWear, thoughtfully created to make everyday life better and more comfortable.”
Uniqlo says One HeatTech item will be given to the first 500 customers who make a purchase on opening day of each new store, and people will be encouraged to Spin The Wheel for the chance to win free items or discounts between 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The new stores will join all other UNIQLO Canada stores in offering its All-Product Recycling Initiative in which customers can drop off gently used UNIQLO clothing in bins for donation to those in need.
- A Restaurant That Suddenly Closed is Finally Reopening in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Involved in Transport Truck Rollover in Milton
- Doug Ford Gives Former Mississauga Mayor Hazel McCallion a New Job
- Two Taken to Hospital After Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Driver Hospitalized After Collision in Mississauga
- Here’s When a Highly-Anticipated Store Will Officially Open in Square One in Mississauga
- Another Very Popular Store is Headed to Square One in Mississauga
- Is One of the Biggest Japanese Clothing Retailers Coming to Mississauga?
- Top 5 New Stores and Restaurants Coming to Square One Soon
- Popular Japanese Store Launching Canadian Expansion